Sheltered Housing can offer people who are over 55 the best of both worlds. It allows them to live with independence, privacy and security but with peace of mind that help is on hand 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Housing Solutions has 9 sheltered schemes providing accommodation for over 250 people. Our schemes are not residential or nursing homes, all customers have their own apartment with their own front door and can come and go as they wish. All customers in sheltered housing have their own tenancy agreement.
Meet our Sheltered and Supported Team:
All our sheltered schemes have the following communal facilities:
- Communal kitchen
- Communal lounge where tenants can socialise if they wish
- Laundry room
- Within walking distance from a bus service, Maidenhead Town Centre or a local shop
Many of our sheltered schemes also have:
- En-suite guest rooms where visiting friends and family can stay in comfort for a small fee
- Buggy charging room where mobility scooters can be kept
- A communal room with special facilities for visiting hairdressers etc
- Social events such as, coffee mornings, coach trips, game and quizzes, reminiscent days and summer barbeques
- Fish & chip lunches/Afternoon Tea
- Monthly residents meetings - new suggestions are always well received and all customers are welcome to take part
We also keep our residents up to date with the services that we offer by clear signage in all our schemes; examples below
Applying for sheltered housing
You can apply for sheltered accommodation by joining the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s housing waiting list, please contact 01628 683685 for details. Housing Solutions also have a waiting list which people who own their homes can also join. For more information or you would like to find out more about a particular scheme please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If you would like to view a scheme we would be delighted to arrange an appointment to show you around